Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Well, poop!

Things just aren't going my way lately...

It all started with a toilet that wasn't flushing properly. At first the plunger seemed to do the trick, but then after a day or so even that didn't work. I knew, I just KNEW, that little Ryderman had something to do with it. "I promise Mommy, I did NOT flush anything down there!" After emptying the toilet of its foul soup-of-despair, I tried the snakey-thing with the claw, even put my hand up there (*shudder* picture me afterwards, like Lady McBeth, frantically washing and washing and washing my hands and arms), nothing worked. It was at that point, with my arm buried up to the elbow in the throne, when I heard a tiny voice coming from Ryder's room, "Wellll.... I might have accidentally flushed a bath toy down there." WHAT. THE. HELL?! So now I knew the enormity of the problem. It then became apparent that I would have to physically take the toilet apart, flip it over and flush that damn toy out. Googled until I found a how-to article that didn't seem too scary, annnnddd.... long story short, it DID NOT turn out to be a tub toy, but hundreds of friggin' toothpicks jammed up in the bottom like a friggin' Kerplunk game. And of course, the toothpicks held in place a disgusting putrid sludgy mess of crap and toilet paper and even a few cardboard toilet paper rolls. You can bet your ass Ryderman got a spanking for THAT! Toothpicks, of all things. Now I know why the new container of toothpicks I bought went missing.

Also, during the past week I came to discover, after taking Lena in to the doctor because her voice went froggy, that she has strep throat. And then this morning, Gunnar woke up with an agonizing throat. Yep, the doctor confirmed it, also strep. Just waiting now for it to hit Ardan and Ryder. You know, because that's the way it goes in this household.

Oh, and then, tonight, Lena and I showed up for her 6:30 soccer practice, 6:30 like it said on the schedule I was given, only to see her entire team already on the field playing. And I was then informed that the schedule had been changed, ALL our game times are at 5:30 from now on, and oh wasn't that too bad I hadn't gotten the new schedule? And it was our turn to bring snacks, which we did, a huge container of watermelon for the kiddies, so the poor duffers had to eat it after the game was done. Lena got to play for 5 minutes, and she did score a goal in that time (of course), but the coach (who owns Taco Time) awarded her the Taco Time Player of the Game award (a free taco gift card) for having Most Goals Scored this season so far. So that took the embarrassing sting out of our night, a bit.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yikes Beau....seems like one of the kids are always sick lately. Hopefully Ard and Ryd don't get it. Like I've said before I admire you because I know I couldn't do your job everyday! xoxoxo