Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fave New Products

(New, as in new to me, having just discovered and purchased them.)





Aveeno's Positively Nourishing haircare product line, absolutely love it, cannot say enough good things about this line. I was in Walmart perusing all the products in the $3 Clearance cosmetic section and came across a 2-in-1 shampoo & hair gel-creme package. I'm familiar with the Aveeno brand (raves for the oatmeal lotion as a diaper rash cream) and I know it can be pricey, so to get a full-size bottle of shampoo PLUS the hair gel-creme was a real deal. Upon first use, I could feel the difference in my hair, it was incredible! And that was only using the shampoo. When I rinsed it out, even wet my hair felt stronger, sleek, and as crazy as this sounds, nourished (although maybe not considering the line is called Positively Nourishing, ha). As for the gel-creme, I will probably never use a different brand styling product again. Before, I would make my own 'mixture', consisting of a small dab of gel mixed with Aussie's 3-minute Miracle cream. My own sort of gel-creme. But this Aveeno version is wicked awesome! I put it in when my hair is towel-dried, part my hair and brush it, smoothing my bangs to the side, and my hair naturally dries into this beautifully soft, lush 'do that stays in place. I lovelovelove it!!! I had to go back and get a bottle of the conditioner, as well. If you go Walmart right now, they are having a sale on all the Aveeno Positively Nourishing shampoos & conditioners, each bottle is $5.97, go get yours today! 



  
 



The Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle line: love it! There are two more products in the line, I only bought these three: the cleansing lotion, light day cream, and the de-puffing eye roller. The cleansing lotion makes your skin feel utterly luxurious; the same sort of idea as using cold cream to wash your face but this product also works on wrinkles. The light day cream is fabulous, especially for people with oily skin (me!) as it doesn't feel heavy at all. I smooth it on after washing my face with the cleansing lotion, the product instantly absorbs and leaves your skin feeling fresh and moisturized. The de-puffing eye roller was an impulse buy, I thought 'what the hell', and I'm so glad I did. I use it as part of my face routine in the mornings, but also any time of day that my eyes feel puffy, sore, tired, etc. Instantly my eyes feel cool and refreshed and I like knowing its penetrating those fine lines there as well. I picked these three products up at Walmart a couple of months ago, they were on sale for about $10 each so I have no idea what they usually cost. 




Maybelline 'The Falsies' Volume Express mascara. At first I wasn't impressed because it seemed to be clumpy and was depositing excess lumps of mascara on my lashes. Then I clued in and wised up, and started giving the brush a little wipe on a piece of paper towel before I applied it. And then... magic! Drama! Flair! I felt like I had a beauty queen's lashes. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from short stumpy lashes like I do. (Why is it that only men and small children get the naturally long and lush lashes? Damn them!)




Pond's Cleansing and Exfoliating towelettes 'Morning Refresh'. On mornings when I don't have time to immediately jump into a shower (where I use the Nivea Q10 facewash lotion), I simply grab a Pond's wipe and wash my face that way. The towelettes are great, big enough that you can use the entire surface of the wipe on your face (if you tend to fall asleep wearing your makeup, like I do, it really helps) and the one side is covered with little orange exfoliating dots. Smells great, leaves skin soft, clean and refreshed. I bought two packs for $3 each, also from the Clearance rack in the cosmetic section of Walmart. 




The Dove GoFresh body spray/deodorant line. I have a slight obsession with these products (there is also a purple one, Plum and Sakura Blossom). They're great used together or you can mix & match scents. Also great to use as linen sprays and room fresheners. I've also added a few drops of the spray to melted Scentsy wax (when it starts losing its scent). 




Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizing Moisturizers, picked these up from Value Drug Mart the other day, in a clearance bin, for $2 each (regular $10 each). I am a self-confessed nut when it comes to hand sanitizer; we always have bottles of that stuff around and I make each kid pack their own small bottle in their school backpacks. Got some in my purse, in the vehicle, in the bathrooms and kitchen. The only problem with hand sanitizer is that it dries out your hands, and if you use it often you find your hands quickly get chapped, dry, sometimes cracking, etc. Its particularly worse for me and Lena, as we both have very sensitive-skinned hands; soon as the weather turns colder in the fall, our hands (especially the knuckle area) experience all those problems on a constant basis. We are always reminding each other to lotion up our hands. So this product solves both those problems! Pretty genius, actually. Hand-sanitizing lotion. Love it. If you're interested, better head over to Value Drug Mart here in Sylvan and check out that clearance bin in the makeup/perfume section, see if there's any left. Marked down to $2 from $10, that's a pretty amazing deal, and I picked up five.

No comments: