Thursday, June 18, 2009

I think I'm losing my mind...



Or at least the section involving memory. Seriously, where has my mind gone?

I had a word on the tip-of-my-tongue this morning and for the life of me, I just could not remember it. It was driving me crazy -- I literally sat here for twenty minutes, struggling to find the word, clutching my forehead as if I could squeeze the word out. Nothing.

Oh, sure, there were lots of other words floating around in my brain, messing me up and scrambling everything, making it even harder to find that one particular word. Instead of the word I wanted, what was floating around in there was: ratio, confirm, contraction, contradict, prediction, rational...

Finally, I had to abandon the sentence I'd been typing down that just needed that word to complete it, and just erase it.

And wouldn't you know it, three hours later as I'm in the backyard raking, the word comes to me out of the blue: PROPORTIONATE!!

Arrrghhhh!!!

1 comment:

granny hag said...

Been there, done that .. many times. Believe me, it only gets worse but Trapper swears by that DS game (damn it, I forgot the name of the game .. it's something about mind).

Hag.