Thursday, June 25, 2009

Too much of a good thing

You'd think I would have learned my lesson.

After using my new Pedi-Expert that first time and realizing how addicting it is to keep searching for newer, pinker layers of skin under all the dead stuff, eventually I had to force myself to put the tool away, unless I wanted to be walking around on pinkened bloody stumps.

The second time I used it, again I went overboard, this time on the callus on the side of my big toe. About half an hour after I used it, I noticed that my toe was really hurting. And here when I looked, there was a big crack right in that spot! Obviously, there is a reason calluses form on certain spots, to protect the skin underneath. And so with no callus there, the tender skin split.

The third time I used it, this morning, I did exactly what my mother had just warned me the previous day not to do. You see, after reading my post she went out and bought one, too. And she also went overboard and scraped every last bit of dead skin off, leaving her feet beautiful and pink, to be sure, but also extremely tender and sore! So she had cautioned me last night during our visit, and showed me the one area on her heel where blood had rushed to the surface.

And so this morning, when I was scraping away happily, I made sure to check every once in a while that I wasn't going crazy with it. And I really thought I wasn't! My feet looked and felt awesome, so smooth and pink and fresh. Until I had my bath... and walked around the house for a bit doing chores... and noticed that my one heel was hurting. Took a look and... Oh no! The exact same area as her owie, the exact same look to the injury, like blood just under the surface of the skin.

So now I am hobbling around just like she was yesterday. Like mother, like daughter, I guess, right? So let this be a warning to all you other Pedi-Expert users out there -- DON'T OVERDO IT. Take it easy on your poor callused feet. Else end up a cautionary tale like us hobbling fools, lol.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That's so funny Beau...I love it!