Friday, February 26, 2010

Five Question Friday

My Little Life
1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go-to song?

Yes. After a few drinks (okay, many) I can usually be persuaded to belt out a song. In the past, I've dueted (did I just invent a new word there?) for such classics as Time of My Life (from Dirty Dancing, though Christine pretty much carried that song) and there was one song I did with Connelly at that New Years Eve party but for the life of me I can't remember which song we did! Bonus points for whoever can remember it. I was a tad bit tee-rashed that night so no wonder I can't remember. But anyway, my go-to song is always, always Cover of the Rolling Stone by Dr Hook.

2. What is your favorite coffee drink?

Strong black coffee with a spoonful of fat-free french vanilla, mmm-mmm-mmm.

3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?

I like my name. Wouldn't change it.

4. Were you ever bullied?

No. I got along with pretty much everyone in school and was able to fit in with all the different cliques. Even if I didn't, or shouldn't, technically 'belong' in a group (like the jocks, considering I was allergic to sports and exercise) I was friends with everyone. Because of this I was actually able to curb some of the bullying that went on, I was kind of like the peacemaker, the voice of reason. Like, if I can be friends with you, and also friends with you, then why can't we all just get along? lol

Though I do remember one time in grade five when David Goodey called me 'chubby' in front of the group and I wanted to die. And make him die.

5. How often do you eat fast food?

We actually don't eat a lot of fast food. Maybe once a month, and that's only if we have to be somewhere for hockey and I don't have time to cook supper or lunch beforehand. Oh, wait... does 'arena' food count as fast food?

3 comments:

Christine said...

Funny...Dave made a comment once that there was "lots of room" up my shirt, since I had no boobs. Why didn't we KICK HIS ASS?!?!?!
Oh yeah...maybe it's the D's that are there now. Sweet revenge.

mama hagar said...

OMG, it was so refreshing to read this post. I'm glad you like your name (Mercedes was a given but I spent sleepless nights about your given name) and I LOVE hearing you say that the COVER OF THE ROLLING STONES if your fav to sing (in public) .. remember us putting our heads together when we sang "Stones" part of the song? And yes, you are right .. you were friends with everyone (like Teed), and I'm so proud of you, BeauSaxon, for having that confidence at such a young age, to be able to approach ANYONE, start a conversation and find common ground. You were a remarkable girlchild thus an absolutely wonderful and phenomenal woman.

Gosh, ILUF2M and of course, M2F

Mom

WildGirl said...

Thanks Mom! It means a lot that you think that of me. I luv u2 much!

And Chris, I know, why DIDN'T we kick his ass? Oh yeah, we both had huge crushes on the jerk. But you're right about the Ds (at least on YOUR chest! lol).