Friday, February 5, 2010

My little darling, pt 2

Lena and I were going through my jewelry box the other day, looking at all the pretty rings and "jewels" and chains, the little earrings and whatnot. She decided that I should wear what we call my "wedding earrings" -- dangly sparklers that I bought specifically for my wedding but in the rush and bustle of the big day, ended up forgetting at home along with the matching necklace. She absolutely loves to hear me tell that story for some reason, haha.

As I was putting the earrings on, she patted me on the shoulder and was being quite sympathetic about that situation: "Don't worry Mom, you can wear them at your next wedding, once you get rid of that guy." [The last part said with the attitude and tone of voice like she was sipping cosmos with Carrie and Samantha or something. The things kids pick up on!]

Um, pardon? I looked at her, "I'm married to your daddy."

"Uh, yeah, I know that," like, DUH, "but I mean for your next wedding."

Sure babygirl. Not quite clear on the whole institution-of-marriage concept yet, I guess. LOL

2 comments:

granny hag said...

Since your jewels didn’t make it to your wedding, you should suggest to Milena that she wear them at her wedding. She’s got her Czechoslovakia jewels when she turns 16 (she peeks at them whenever we go through my jewelery) and now she could have her mom’s bling when she marries!

WildGirl said...

I like that idea Mom!