Thursday, July 15, 2010

Peeve of the Week: Call Waiting Answer-ers


Now, don't get me wrong. I've had call waiting before, and I know that many of you have it and use it. I myself only used it if I was talking to someone and a real important call came through, or someone I'd been waiting to hear back from. And even then, I would feel terrible for telling the person I was currently talking to that I had to take that call. But what really grinds my gears (Family Guy reference there, hah) is when someone 'call-waitings' me. And there is a particular person who does that to me ALL THE TIME.

Usually I don't give a rat because the phone calls tend to be very lengthy with this person. Well, it does irk me and I think to myself 'rude!' but I'm used to this person's ignorant people skills, so whatever.

But the other day, wow, I had just had it up to here with her. I called to wish her a happy birthday, the kids and I sang the birthday song, and we'd been chatting maybe a minute when I could tell she had another call on the line. Now, if that was ME, I would ignore it and keep talking to the person who had taken time out of her busy day to call with birthday greetings. But no, this person says to me, interrupting me in mid-sentence, "Oh, I gotta go." and just hangs up on me to take the call.

Wow. I just shook my head. Does this person have a total lack of manners and courtesy or what? I mean, yeah, it was her birthday so it was probably someone calling about that, but when it is EVER appropriate to just rapidly ditch one caller so you can soak up attention from another caller? I was pissed!

She has since called me back (I did not answer) and left a voicemail apologizing for not calling me back, blahblahblah. Notice it was not an apology for ditching my call, just for not calling back.

Whatever. I have just about had it with her. The Deserada poem echoes in my head when I deal with her lately, "Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."

1 comment:

mama hagar said...

OMGN, I don't believe it. I don't even use call waiting AT WORK because that's what voicemail is all about, right?

Trust the instinct. Ditch the Bitch.