Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its Official: I am "lame and embarrassing", LOL

Its a sad sad day when your five year old daughter, recently crowned Miss Diva-Fashionista, thinks you are "lame and embarrassing."

Care to know what brought that on?

A music video came on and I started dancing around our livingroom like a nut. A nut with excellent dancing skills and rhythm, in my opinion. I love that song, though! Lena groaned and buried her face in her hands.

And do you want to know what song and video it was that earned me the status of "lame and embarrassing"?

1 comment:

mama hagar said...

OK I admit I've never heard this particular song nor seen the clip before but I'm not totally OLD - I have heard Usher and lately, little Justin, so I don't get it. Don't the young kids ie., Lenagurl and Gunnarboy, don't they get it? Can't' they just admit that it's an absolute great video. Can you imagine the work that went into creating it, let alone the hours and hours they must have worked at it PLUS the artistic vision that's totally behind the entire clip itself. Can't they see that? Yeah, I saw portions of Michael tributes but OFPS, this is ART and totally deserves the credit due it. I'm impressed, to say the least, and really wish this medium had been available back in the day of my musicians. OBYW, I did like the song. Maybe our Diva-Fashionista was horrified because HER MOTHER was dancing to what she considers her generation's song LOL! Been there, done that. My advice? Force her to watch this again and challenge her to copy the moves of one of the "gals" dancing in the background which might make her see the obvious through different eyes. Little ratbay.