Sunday, June 6, 2010

Regarding TMI



It nagged at me all last night, How much is too much TMI? Where do you draw the line? Of course I'm talking about my 5-Q-F post yesterday. Knowing who my audience is (you), I wondered if they would be offended or disgusted with me, or would just roll their eyes and think That's Beau for you!

I would hope it would be the latter. I mean, you've all heard some pretty raunchy, bawdy things come out of my mouth before, and I've heard things come out of your mouths too (MOM). But then again, this is a public forum, maybe I should be censoring myself? And to what degree?

But then I thought, Ah, fuckit. You all know who I am, you know my background, how I was raised. We were a very open-minded family, anything went, really. Provided it was at our home, NEVER would us kids do or say anything offensive in public, around elders or whatnot. We were raunchy, but we had manners. Haha.

And really, I know I've written much worse TMI things in other posts; granted, some of them were private jokes that only I knew the punchline to, but you get my drift.

What can I say, I gotta be me.

1 comment:

mama hagar said...

No, your comments are not TMI to us, your readers. That’s what we love about you and as your mother, I truly love the forum you’ve chosen to express yourself and I consider this an opportunity to know you better.

Don’t make me recite the desiderata to you again (bits and pieces .. be yourself .. be gentle with yourself .. you are a child of the universe .. you have a right to be here .. the universe is unfolding as it should .. keep peace with your soul .. strive to be happy); DO NOT CENSOR yourself. DO NOT BE WHAT YOU BELIEVE OTHERS THINK YOU SHOULD BE. Continue to be yourself.