Thursday, June 24, 2010

Peeve of the Week: Stupid People

And by stupid, I mean the ones that are either intentionally ignorant or are just completely oblivious to their idiocy.

Case in point: I was driving down Lakeshore the other day, heading east past the marina. If you've been down there recently you know that there is road construction and lane size is greatly reduced. Traffic was a bit heavy and it was a tight squeeze for vehicles to make it past each other. To the right of my vehicle were two people riding bicycles, a man and woman. The woman, smartly, was riding on the sidewalk; however, her idiot man-friend was riding his bike right on the road, half in my lane. There were a few cars coming toward me so I had to hit the brakes and inch along behind him until they passed me. Then I was able to swerve around him. Rolled down my window, leaned over and yelled to him, "DUDE! Get on the sidewalk! You're going to get hit, DUH!!" then drove away. Saw in my rear mirror that he quickly moved up onto the sidewalk and his woman-friend was shaking her head at him.

What a bonehead!

No comments: