Sunday, October 12, 2008

What IS that smell?

So, today I decided to catch a few zzzzs while Ryder was down for his mid-morning nap. Tyler had the day off so he was up with the kids, and I thought I would take advantage. Layed down in my soft, snuggly nest of blankets, utterly exhausted from having been up four times during the night with the baby. But I could NOT get to sleep because there was this smell. It was horrible! It seared the lining of my nose until it felt like I could taste it (ewwww). And for some disgusting, horrifying reason it smelled... familiar, like I should be able to recognize what it smelled like, but I just couldn't place it. I checked my blankets but didn't see anything. Eventually, the demands of my exhausted body took over and I fell asleep.

Flash forward to tonight... It was around 8:30, I'd just gotten back from Thanksgiving dinner at Deanna's, put all the leftovers away, tidied up a little, and went into my room to collapse on the bed for a quick break. I reached for a book from the headboard's built-in bookshelf (might as well have a little read) and that smell hit me again. This time, I decided to investigate a little more. There's a little 'nook' area in the headboard that I've filled with decorative pillows, and nestled in amid all those brown pillows was a fat pile of huge brown CAT TURDS!! OMFG!! My head was laying less than a foot away from that pile of hell all during my nap! What if I'd decided to shift up higher in the bed? What if I'd thrown my arm up over my head? I can't believe I layed there for an hour with my head right next to a big ole pile of cat shit and I never even thought to investigate where the smell was coming from!!! (well, besides the half-hearted look in the blankets)

One of the cats must have been locked in our room this morning and decided to leave us a nice little present in retaliation. Not naming any names or blaming one cat in particular, but Punkin, you're a little bitch. You now owe me three new decorative pillows.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Hope you don't mind I tagged you for a book meme.

Anonymous said...

Just do what dad used to do. The highland cat throw. Just like your throwing a discus...

Anonymous said...

I had an old ford taurus that started to smell REALLY NASTY after a trip to the mechanic...I cleaned it, ripped it apart, sprayed strawberry air fresher, etc. It got worse over the summer weeks. It was driving me close to vomiting whenever I had to drive. It smelled like rotting human flesh and strawberries...I SWEAR TO GOD! Is there a dead mouse? A fish? Did the mechanic eat a burger and drop it into the air vent???????

Finally I found the culprit...a moving bag of pork chops we had bought from the Hutterites and put in the back corner of the trunk...the smell never went away after that either!