Sunday, March 29, 2009

My mom is a hero! A life-saver! SIMPLY THE BEST

For you Mummy!

What a wonderful mother I have. When a sudden illness took me by surprise Thursday morning and I had to cancel our long-planned "girls weekend" trip to Canmore, she was understanding and sympathetic. Not only did our awesome trip get cancelled, but the day that we were to have left was her 50th birthday, and that weekend away was supposed to have been like a celebratory event in honor of her milestone. I felt like an utter heel. She'd even booked days off for it.

(The trip to Canmore was actually for Ardan's hockey tournament, Hubs ended up going with the older boys, leaving me at home with No.3 and No.4).

Friday night Mom made arrangements to take little Lena off my exhausted hands, and on Saturday when she called to check up on me, it was apparent that looking after Rydermonster, I mean Ryderman, was too much for me, so she took him as well, with no qualms or hesitation. Kept him for the night.

Its embarrassing to admit, but I spent the majority of the time in bed. Shivering with the cold sweats, huddled up to my two heating pads, dragging my butt out of bed every eight hours or so to chug back water and meds, and reheat my two new "best friends". My empty stomach churned and begged for sustenance but even the thought of having to chew food gave me the heaves.

Sunday morning, today, mom stopped by long enough to get more diapers and clothes for Ryder and to fill me in on their current antics. Mom reassured me they were doing fine and that I should crawl back into bed and call her when I felt more up to snuff. Thanks to the awesome pain pills I popped for my recurring headache, I'm feeling better. But as soon as I hit 'publish' on this post, I've got a date with my blanket and pillow. I just wanted to post this as a huge 'thank you!' to the most wonderful mother in the world.

1 comment:

granny hag said...

Oh you are so sweet, Sax, for sending me flowers and dedicating a wonderful THANK YOU to me on your blog. From mother to mother, though, you know deep in your heart that this is something you also would have done, without hesitation or second thought.

This is the second overnighter that Ryderman has had at Granny Hag's and even though he still had a puke fit, at least he's over the "puke on demand" stage LOL .. the milk was just too much for him so he ended up drinking a small amount of grape pop topped off with water the rest of the night and around 230AM, when he suddenly realized he was in the playpen and his sister was in bed with me, he snuggled up to us the rest of the night. It helps to have the entire house barricaded except teh hallway and kitchen area - then the chaos is only concentrated in one area LOL.

We had a lot of fun, Sax, and you certainly look like you benefitted from having an uninterrupted rest.

I'm now looking forward to having the babies Bella and Dreyco over next Saturday for an overnighter!

LUF2M
Mom