Monday, March 16, 2009

Random Hilarity

I've got a bad case of the Mondays, so I thought to cheer myself up, I'd jot down a few moments of hilarity that have occurred lately...


Sorry Levi, but you had to have known this would be getting put down on the blog. Last Friday night was the Medieval Night at the community center. Gunnar's grade 5 class put together a special presentation for the families, it was very cute and interesting and fun. At one point, we were all sitting at our table: me, my kids, my mom, my brother Levi and his gf Amber, and my other brother Trapper. The "serving wenches" had served everyone small bowls of stew and we were digging in. Levi and Amber were hosting our regular Family Dinner at their house afterwards and it just so happened they were also serving stew. Levi was talking about how he had to call Mom for advice on making it. "But Mom, I don't understand why you said to wash the stew meat. All that did was make a gooey, flour-y mess!" We all stared at him, perplexed. "Levi, do you mean that you coated the meat with flour and THEN washed it off?" Well, of course, that's what Mom said to do! "Levi, I meant wash the meat before you coat it with flour!" You did? Ohhh.... Of course, we all burst into laughter and poor Levi was beet red, guffawing with embarrassment, burying his face in his hands. So then of course, we all had to bug him about it for the rest of the night. "Mmmm, meat soup! Who needs gravy in a stew? Bwahahaha!!" Its a good thing he also figured out that "one clove" of garlic does not mean the whole bulb, else we would've been eating meat-and-garlic-soup! Ahh, we love ya Levi!


We've been on a knock-knock joke kick at our house lately, and it all started with a book of knock-knock jokes Mom gave the kids. One night I encouraged the kids to come up with their own jokes. Ardan was so excited that his mouth kinda got ahead of his brain: "Knock knock!" Who's there? "Two!" Two who? (we were wondering where this was going) "Uh... (his eyes darted around as he tried to come up with a punchline)... Poo!" Gunnar and I got the major giggles from this, so now its a running joke around here. "Two poo!" Then, the next night, on The Office they just happened to be cracking knock-knock jokes (I know, weird, eh?). Dwight says to Michael, "Knock knock." Who's there? "The KGB" (said with a german accent) KGB who? "No one questions the KGB!" (or something like that) and he SLAPS Michael upside the head! Hilarious! So now the boys are constantly doing that to each other, they know the slap's coming but they answer "KGB who?" every time.


The 'renovations' in Lena's room are finally complete and it now looks like a fairy-tale princess room! The scribbles on the wall were painted over, all the toys organized in pink and green boxes, her closet organized and rearranged, and Mom finished painting her desk and bookshelf in "popsicle pink" with silver sparkly handles. Beautiful! Everywhere you look is pink, its truly a 'girls' room. Well, one night, after Mom had just finished painting in there and the fumes were thick, we were getting Lena ready to go for a sleepover at Gramma's (because she couldn't sleep in there due to the fumes) and Lena was being cranky and ornery, in that contrary mood she gets in when she's overtired. She was just being a brat, basically, and she blurts out: "I HATE pink!" Mom and I looked at each other and just shook our heads.


Mom was over here a few days ago, working on the house, and as she was getting ready to leave, she grabbed her can of pepsi to take with her. I was in the front entry with her, we were chatting as she hauled her stuff outside, and she picked up her pop and took a big swig. Immediately, she gagged and spit it out all over the snow. Here, she'd grabbed a can we'd been using as an ashtray! Poor Mom! I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants, while she's gagging and trying not to hurl.

Sunday we were in Ponoka for Ardan's hockey game. The game had just started and I was standing near some bleachers with the other moms, chatting. Suddenly one mom pointed at something, making a garbled little squealing noise, and I turned to see what was going on. There was my boy, little Ryderman, laying on the floor, LICKING a huge puddle of water! It was a massive puddle, probably made from someone's muddy snowy boots, and he was lapping it up like it'd been a week since he'd last had a drink! I let out a huge groan and ran over there to scoop him up, all the mom's were laughing and making 'ewwww' faces. What could I say? "At least it wasn't the toilet!" Thinking, you know, that he'd been lapping the water like a pet would, don't pets also drink out of the toilet? Except then the moms all looked at me, horrified, like I actually let my kids do that (come on people!) so then I got all red-faced and had to explain that was a joke! I also jokingly reassured them that no, my son's not dehydrated or desperate for a drink, he's just being a boy. So now I'm sure they all think I'm weird, haha.

No comments: