Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Best Ice Dance Ever

Do you know how hard it was to find the video clip I wanted on youtube?? They had clips with every other Olympic event and performance but only a couple with this exact one, and even then it was just certain parts of the performance. I wanted to find the entire full-length video for y'all to see. I was already emotional with national pride at watching the Olympic coverage that day. Then, when a recap program showed Canada's gold-winning pairs ice dancing performance, I had tears just running down my face. From the very first second right to the last, every movement was grace and elegance, pure romance and love. This is a pairs couple that has worked together since they were teenagers; I don't know if they're a real-life couple but it would seem so from the performance. On the recap program, the host said that the No.1 pairs performance ever was Torville & Dean's "Bolero" at the 1988 Olympics, but that this one by Virtue & Moir was now 2nd. Way to go, Canada!!

After all the searching, all I could find was an amateur video shot by someone in the audience. The camera is shaky and a bit blurry, but it gives you an idea of just how magical and wonderful this performance was. You can't see it in the video below, but even her hands were perfect.



1 comment:

mama hagar said...

this was absolutely magical .. what a beautiful tribute to pure, innocent and unconditional love

it makes me want to stand tall, shoulders back and shout I M CANADIAN

yes, I too had tears ..