Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm a lucky woman

I have the best husband, I really do. Sure he's allergic to housework and is incapable of picking up his dirty socks, but in the grand scheme of life, the 'big picture', its not those little things that measure his worth as a husband and father.

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday, Sunday, and mid-morning we all decided to go on a family bike ride to the Lion's park (by the cop shop). Hubs got everyone's bikes out and ready, topped up the tires with air, set up Ryder's carrier, while I filled up water bottles. I got the easy job, haha. We had a lovely ride, the little ones played while the big boys went to the skate park, then we all rode back home and had lunch.

After Ryder's nap, Tyler got the kids all dressed warmly (it had cooled down considerably), packed up the truck, and out they all went to the acreage to shoot off some fireworks Hubs had found in the garage.

And what did I do? Though I had a kitchen floor crying to be mopped and an everest of laundry waiting downstairs, my lovely hubby insisted that I "just chill out and relax because you deserve it!"

So I lazed on the couch reading a book and watching tv, enjoying the utter peace and quiet, sending up silent thanks for the man I married.

No comments: