Monday, March 22, 2010

WLJ: Weigh-in time

One good thing about 'putting it all out there' is that you are then held accountable, by yourself if not everyone else. And so in keeping with that, when I do my monthly weigh-in, I will post those results. Not the actual number I'm at, but just pounds and inches lost.

Now, to be honest with y'all, I hit a wall a while back, sort of a black funk mood that hung around for close to a month. I started the WLJ back in mid-January and was doing really well, until the first week of February when I got sick for about four days. After the sickness passed is when the black mood hit, and it was like I had no desire or motivation to keep up with the WLJ. So for three weeks I was a lazy bum and didn't do my workouts. When March rolled around, I gave myself a swift kick in the ass and got back on track with the Turbo Jam and eating healthy. But those three weeks set me back right to the beginning. Which is incredibly frustrating when it came time to weigh-in and do the measurements!

So, as a result, I have lost ZERO pounds. BUT... when it comes to inches, I have lost one inch around each upper thigh, and one inch around my hips. Whoopdy-doo, but its a start.

My goals for next month's weigh-in are to have lost at least 10 pounds, be down 2-3 inches around my waist/hips, and half an inch around my biceps. So we'll see how that goes, cross your fingers...!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Well I think that you look awesome Beau! Keep it up. You're doing much better than I am!

Yasmine Allen said...

Good for you for getting back on track. I loved Turbo Jam and will start ChaLEAN Extreme tomorrow. I'm a Beachbody Coach and would love to support you with your goals. Feel free to check out my website at http://www.beachbodycoach.com/getyourbestbody

Good luck!

granny hag said...

Sax, you burn calories every day running around after your four kids plus a bigger kid (come on, all MEN are basically kids .. honey, where is the .. honey, come help me .. OMG, what the hell is this shit all over the rug, come clean it or I'm going to puke .. etc.) then you purposely plot time so you can purposely make yourself build up a sweat on top of all the calories you've already burned. What the heck. This is making me tired just thinking about it so I'm calling this MY exercise for the day.

YOU ARE DOING GREAT. You are my inspiration.

Hag.