Friday, March 19, 2010

Five Question Friday

My Little Life
1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?
I was sitting here pondering this question and I honestly couldn't think of any celebs I've spotted; I asked the kids and Gunnar said to me, "What about at the concerts you've been to?" What a brilliant child, he thinks outside the box. So yes, I have seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, The Tea Party, and Our Lady Peace.

2. What temperature do you keep your house?
I have split personalities when its comes to the house temperature. Sometimes it seems unbearably hot and stuffy so I crank down the digital thermostat to the 60s (yes, its in Fahrenheit) or else I switch it off completely. Then an hour or so later I'll be shivering and covered in goosebumps and I'll jack it up a few degrees. Although lately, I just grab a sweater or blanket -- our heating bills lately have been outrageous! But anyway, I have the thermostat programmed so about 3-4 times a day, at certain times like right before I wake up, the heat will come on for a bit (at about 70F), get the house nice and toasty, then it'll go back down.

3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?
Sometimes, if its very noticeable. But not usually.

4. What's the worst job you ever had?
Massaging lotion into my dad's feet. Oh, wait, you mean a real job? Hmmm. I haven't had that many jobs; I babysat, did mail-outs for my dad's friend, worked the till at A&W, very very briefly worked at Toys R Us, waitressed at the Red Deer Lodge, then did the classifieds at the Red Deer Advocate. I enjoyed working at each and every place, some more than others obviously, but I've never thought Oh, that place was the worst! So I'll rephrase it, the job I'd prefer never to have to do again is... fast food service. The rank smell of the grease, you just don't forget that.

5. What is your most sentimental possession?
My wedding band set. It was Leah's, Tyler's mother, and when she passed it was held for him for his own future wife. When he decided to propose to me, he had to get the ring from his sister first, so all his family knew what was coming. Of course, they all loved and adored me already for the miraculous influence I'd had on Ty. The rings are a little too tight for my finger and have been for a while, but once the WLJ kicks in they'll fit and I can proudly wear them once again.

1 comment:

granny hag said...

Was the dust you noticed at my house? LOL (I'm sure what you noticed at my house was animal hair, animal urine stains and stacks of "things to do" and, of course, a sink of dirty dishes).

I can't believe you actually massaged your dad's feet with lotion (LOL, as if you had a choice, eh?) Thank goodness we got Alexus because after you left, Lex licked his feet (even between his toes). I think I'm going to puke.

Hag.

Hey, I met the Blue Oyster Cult guys!