Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Speaking of #2...

Tyler and I took the kids down to the beach the other evening for a nice walk/bike ride. We brought the kids' bikes so they could zip ahead of us boring adults as we walked behind them. You know, because heaven forbid someone should see them with us lame parents, haha. Ryder had his little red tricycle and Ty strung a rope around the handlebars so he could pull Ryd behind us as we walked, because the crushed red gravel was hard for him to pedal through.

We started our walk near the end of the beach, where the cement barrier ends and the "wilderness" (as Lena called it) begins. We've walked this area many times, its a family favorite, especially when the saskatoons are ripe near the end of summer. There's many places along the path with small sand 'beaches' for the kids to play in, look for shells, throw reeds and rocks in the water, and explore.

We stopped at one such 'beach' so the kids could play. I kicked Lena's butt at X's-and-O's drawn in the sand with reeds and the boys looked in vain for dead fish along the shore. Ryder delighted in slapping sticks against the water surface, splashing himself and anyone nearby. Ty stood on the bank and watched us.

After a bit, I started doing the potty dance and said out loud, "Okay, time to go, mom's gotta go pee-oh." You know, because pee-oh is Simcoe-speak for pee. Everyone knows that. Except Ty gave me a weird look so I clarified, "You know, pee."

Then he really gave me a look and said, "Gross! TMI much?"

"What? That's TMI? Don't be a wuss!"

"Um, YEAH, telling everyone you have to go #2 is TMI."

"WHAT?! I never said that! I said 'pee-oh'. Then I said 'you know, pee'." Thought about it for a second, then realized, yeah I could see how he might've thought I said poop. "Pee-oh, you know, pee" minus the 'you', misinterpret 'know' as 'oh'. And you get 'p-o-o-p'. "Ohforpitysakes!"

And then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, turned to look and here there was a young couple strolling by us. They'd caught every word of this fecal conversation and were trying their hardest not to burst out laughing. When I caught the girl's eye she quickly looked away with lips pursed, doing her damndest not to grin maniacally I'm sure.

I just looked at Ty with murderous eyes and my own trembling lips, "Thanks a lot, BABE!"

We both burst out laughing.

1 comment:

granny hag said...

This blog will be great family memories for your family. Trust Tyler to think peeo is code for poop! OFPS. He's a nut, like "one time my cellmate told me .." I wish your dad could have spent more time with him - these last five years would have been great times, for both of them.

By the way, mama hagar used to hide behind bushes and go peeo but then, times change. Your brothers are cops now and we know too many of the local RCMP now. Can you imagine Julie running into you, peeing behind a bush, and giving you a ticket for indecent exposure. HA, BeauSaxon, mother of four, strolling on the beach front with her family, caught bare assed. Gunnar would have been just MORTIFIED. Oh good heavens, that's just too funny.

Hag.