Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Adam's going to blow 'em away tonight!

*doing my happy dance* American Idol is on tonight, you know what that means! Mass hysteria, screaming, clapping, dancing around... and that's just from hearing Adam is up next! Haha.

Its Rock week with Slash (guitarist from Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver) as their mentor. I can't wait to see what everyone chooses to sing, and how Slash will help them to make their performances better. Wonder if Slash will be wearing the top hat? Of course, silly!

Its been mentioned on the message board that Adam really wants to sing Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love'. Don't know if that will actually happen, though. Zeppelin is notorious for turning down requests to use their music. Use their music, though, the actual songs with Robert Plant singing. Maybe its different if someone else is going to sing it? Who knows. I could see them making an exception for Adam because he would really do the song justice and not come off as a karaoke performance.

I've been reading a thread on the board with people's opinions on what rock songs he should sing, so I thought I'd add my two cents here, as well. If I had it my way, here are the song choices I'd like to see and hear Adam belt out...

Welcome to the Jungle, Guns N Roses
Sweet Child of Mine, Guns N Roses
Ramble On, Led Zeppelin
The Immigrant Song, Led Zeppelin
Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin (this song is holy, though, don't know if ANYONE should touch it)
Eighteen and Life, Skid Row (think that's the song title)
Pride (In the Name of Love), U2
Fuel, Metallica
Kickstart My Heart, Motley Crue
War Pigs, Black Sabbath
Closer, Nine Inch Nails (just to hear him sing "I want to f*ck you like an animal" - OMG!)
Dream On, Aerosmith (he would kill that high note, in a good way!)
Somebody to Love, Queen
Piece of my Heart, Janis Joplin
Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
Pretty Noose, Soundgarden
Ballroom Blitz, Sweet

2 comments:

granny hag said...

I pushed "last" on my remote control because I was too lazy to scroll through channels and it was total fluke that AI was on and Adam was about to sing. Total fluke. I've never ever seen AI but because Adam is on your list (guys you'd never hesitate to commit adultry with, no matter what the circumstances), I watched him sing "whole lotta love" and although he's not Bobbie (who, of course, is first on my list), he was very very good and yes, Sax, I can see why your voice gets hysterically louder and an octive higher when you talk about him, why your left eye starts to tic after you've talked about him for ten minutes and why your right foot starts to thump, sort of like you're impatient for something, after you've been talking about him for fifteen minutes. Totally LOL Sax. Just teasing. Yeah, I can see your attraction to him, Sax. After I heard the remarks from the judges I pushed "last" again on the remote, started scrolling through channels then called you to hear your hysterical voice. Another LOL.

WildGirl said...

Yeah, poor Tyler, he's learned to just turn a blind eye (and ear) to my hysterical and obsessive behaviour. He's realized trying to stop my Adamania is like holding back the tides - impossible.

But Mom, your comments last night when we were talking on the phone - OMG, hiliarious and AWESOME!! I wanted to say SO many things in response to what you said but those rotten kids were swarming me with their "We wanna go to Gramma's!". Your one comment, do you know which one I'm talking about, I totally wanted to say "For him, I would!" but I was too busy batting away No.2 and No.3. Haha!