Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lena loves Grampa Mark

Lena and I were on the deck the other night, hanging out and enjoying the warm weather. She was sitting on a chair beside me, chattering non-stop as she does, while I listened with half an ear as I read a book. She suddenly got quiet and I stopped reading and looked at her. "Mommy, do you think Grampa Mark can see me from heaven?"

"Sure he can, sweetheart. Remember we talked about how Grampa Mark and Grampa Eddy are your guardian angels? Grampa Mark never got to see you when you born because you were still inside my tummy when he died. So you are extra-special to him, and he's always there, watching over you and loving you."

She gave me a huge smile, eyes twinkling, and said, "Then that means he's probably watching me right now!" And she looked up at the sky, raised her hand to her mouth, kissed the palm, and blew the kiss upwards. "Grampa loves it when I give him kisses!"

I couldn't even reply, my throat was so tight, so I just smiled at her and nodded.

1 comment:

granny hag said...

Tears, major tears, as I read this. I believe she sees or, at least, senses him. The dual blood running through her truly makes this possible.

Thank you for sharing this, BeauSaxon.

Mom