Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Booya! I am brilliant. And modest.

Sometimes you get a idea, a thought so brilliant, that when it comes to you, you think 'Why have I never thought of this before?' And then you try this idea and it turns out to be LIFE CHANGING. (Okay, that may be an exaggeration but that is how I feel right now, about my idea.)

What was this amazing, stupendous idea you ask?

In all honesty, I have to say that I had heard of someone doing it before, but my brain catalogued it in the 'someday' file and it wasn't until recently that it suddenly resurfaced.

Using a microfiber flat-mop to wash the walls.

Yes, people, am I not brilliant? I picked up a Vileda mop, the microfiber flat version as I mentioned, at Superstore a couple of weeks ago, with just such a use in mind. But it wasn't until today that I found the energy and desire to actually use it.

And boy, has that thing completely changed my life! (Again, you're thinking 'Exaggerate much?')

But seriously, a chore that would usually take hours to perform and cause untold stress and annoyance, has now been accomplished in about twenty minutes. Yes, TWENTY! I started with a wall in the kitchen (the one my china cabinet is up against), continued on to the other kitchen walls, even the little bits above the cupboards. Every last cobweb and dust particle and grease speck was GONE. Carried on to the livingroom walls, the stairway, the front entry. The walls in the hallway. Even all the doors got the flat-mop treatment! And another great thing is that I can get all those hard-to-reach high places (damn vaulted ceiling), which is great because I have cobwebs like you wouldn't believe.

TWENTY MINUTES.

I'm writing this as I have a little break; I'll pick up where I left off when I'm done here, the stairway walls going downstairs, then the kids' bedrooms (Ryder's will be a doozy, I'm sure). And yes, the mop may not be perfect -- there's still little snots here and there (which I've told the boys they WILL be scraping off later, and yes, they will get EVERY LAST DAMN ONE) and the mop doesn't get into all the corners like I'd prefer. But I'll just get all those spots with my microfiber cloth later.

Wow, I am just thrilled. You'd think I just invented sliced bread or something.

1 comment:

mama hagar said...

I love those cloths and I'm picking up more at that new DOLLARAMA today .. Your idea is a good one, BeauSaxon - it would work better than a wet swiffer, which I use to clean walls.

Thanks for sharing the tip.