Saturday, December 18, 2010

The eye sees what it wants to see...

Remember I talked about getting myself a Black & Decker rolling toolbox for Christmas? I saw that thing in the Walmart flyer and just HAD to get it. On sale for $20, can't beat that! On the front of it there were pictures of tools to show you the compartments where you would put them. And it was so darn cute, all little and compact. And on wheels, with a handle, just like luggage! For $20!

You can tell how excited I was about it. WAS.

Apparently, as Tyler so 'helpfully' pointed out to me while hysterically laughing his head off, I bought a Black & Decker JUNIOR rolling toolkit, complete with toy tools. Hence the reason it was so cute and tiny and compact. And only $20. If you know me, you can imagine just how devastated I was to learn that.

'No, you're wrong, its for adults!' Looked closely at the front.

'Isn't it?' Examined every square inch of the toolkit, hoping against hope...

'You're right. Its for kids. It comes with a toy hammer and screwdriver. I bought a CHILD'S toolkit. For myself.' With every word I uttered, Hubs' maniacal laughing got louder. Which really pissed me off!

Bad enough I bought the damn thing, bad enough that I was so freakin' excited about having such an awesome toolkit, bad enough that I was raving about my awesome find to the checkout cashier as she rang it through (she probably thought I was nuts!! "Okay lady, you're going to use a kids toy as a REAL toolkit, suuuurrre").

'Well who cares! I'm just going to take all the kid tools out. I can just give them to Ryder, wrap them up in a box or something, and put my OWN tools in there. I can still use it!'

When he finally calmed down, I hung my head in misery and admitted, 'Okay, yes, you're right. Its for a child. Guess Ryder will be getting one more gift this year.'

DAMN! I REALLY WANTED THAT TOOLKIT!

No comments: