Saturday, December 11, 2010

I need a STUD (finder, that is)

I like telling people that, that I am in dire need of a new stud (then I add on, 'finder, that is', haha).

My stud-finder mysteriously went missing, which is okay I guess because it was just a crappy little one. But talk about annoying when you're in the process of trying to hang a thousand-pound SHEEP-HEAD that is shedding its tiny white hairs all over you and falling in your face and eyes and mouth, and you realize that the hole you pre-drilled and put a plug in has only gone through the dry-wall and is therefore not strong enough to hold this dead animal's massive HEAD, and there is no damn stud behind it! So hence the need for the stud-finder.

Thankfully Mom came to the rescue and loaned me her stud... finder, that is (*snicker*).

So there I was this morning, running that thing back and forth over the wall and wouldn't you know it, apparently there IS a friggin' stud right there where I need it, its just so deep in the wall that I need a verrrry long nail or screw to reach it. And of course, being that this is ME we're talking about and knowing my luck, do you think I have any extra-long screws or nails? NO. The longest ones I could find were just this much too short. *sigh*

At least now I can tell people I'm in dire need of a good, long screw! Hee hee! OR, that my 'head' (that's a euphemism, people) needs to get nailed. Then I can say ".... sheep-head, that is".

No comments: