Friday, December 24, 2010

Peeve of the Day: When the phone hangs itself up

You know what's annoying? When you're on the phone with someone, just about to end the call-- you know, when you're finishing up the conversation just about to start saying goodbyes-- when the phone decides to hang itself up.

That just happened to me with Kim.

So then you're left with the decision, Do I call her back just to say a proper 'goodbye' since we got cut off, or do I just leave it and try to explain next time I see her that it wasn't ME who hung up, rather my phone. Or hers. Then you're left with that uncomfortable feeling like it may have seemed you were rude and deliberately hung up, and you want to explain. But how stupid is it to call someone back just to immediately say "Well, okay then, bye!"

*sigh*

No comments: