Friday, January 14, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?
I have a few movies like that: The Prophesy, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Princess Bride, Elf, Old School ("We're going STREAKINGGGG!"), Dirty Dancing, Despicable Me. I know there's more but I've got a slight hangover this morning and can't think of their names.

2. What's your biggest pet peeve right now?
People that forget how to drive in winter conditions. You know, the ones who wait too long to slow down at red lights and stop signs and end up skidding to a stop a little too close to your back bumper. They drive too fast (or too slow!). They put on the fog lights in addition to their daylights so you're blinded when they drive past. They think that because they have 4x4 that they're invincible. Those ones.

3. If you had to describe your best friend in five words or less, what would you say?
Funny, caring, loyal, strong, beautiful.

4. If you did not have to worry about money or go to school what would you do for a living?
Own a toy store that only sells 'gently-used' toys for low-income families, similar to the idea of Once Upon a Child but for toys. Its an idea that's been in the back of my head for a couple years now. One Christmas while toy shopping at Toys R Us I overheard a mom talking to her older child (who obviously knew the deal about Santa) that they could only afford to get each child one new toy for Christmas so they had to really look at everything and try to find something on sale. It just broke my heart. And I thought, Wouldn't it be great to have a place where parents could buy FIVE used toys for the price of one new? People could donate gently-used toys or exchange them for store credit. I know there's been many times that I clear out the kids unused toys and I have no idea what to do with them, so they usually end up going to Value Village. Last Christmas money was tight and I ended up getting Ryder several used toys from Value Village and you know what? He was thrilled! He didn't even notice that they didn't come new in boxes or packaging. So that would be what I would do.

5. What is your one "splurge" item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?
Makeup and books. Whenever a new makeup product comes on the market, if I really want it I get it. Like the LipStain & Balm, and GrowLuscious mascara. Had to have. Also, books. My two favorite authors each have a series of books that they add a new book to 1-2 times a year (Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld and Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark) and you will usually find me at Chapter's on the book release day, standing in line with that book in my hot little hands, anxious to get home and dive in. Kresley's newest IAD book comes out Feb.15 and I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!! Here's an excerpt from that book, Dreams of a Dark Warrior, Regin's story.

Dreams of a Dark Warrior cover

No comments: