Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Inspiration for Lena's room

I'm making plans to redo Lena's room, all based around a set of two pictures that she got from Trapper and Becky for Christmas (the fairies). So the theme of her new room will be: blue, sophisticated, fairy wonderland.

Some of my ideas are:
  • black and white pictures in black frames (leaning towards simple black outlines of fairies, trees, etc)
  • zig-zag shelves
  • black curlique curtain rods
  • blue walls (obviously)
  • huge stencil of tree on feature wall (can't decide if tree should be black, white, or silver)
  • lots of white and black accents, with other colors used randomly (purple, pink, silver) for lamps, throw pillows, area rug, etc
Here are the pictures I've found as inspiration, PLEASE feel free to give me any and all ideas that come to mind, I welcome them all! (Write them down in the comments, thanks!)

I like this blue but I'm thinking a tad bit darker, more rich. Also, I just noticed how there's a stenciled tree on the wall behind the frames! But MY stenciled tree will be on a feature wall as a main focal point.
Notice the zig-zag shelves.

See how the dresser drawers are outlined in black? I like that.

Will be printing this out to go in a picture frame.

And this one.

This one, too.

I want to somehow use this idea of butterflies, fairies and flowers dancing around the branches, when I do the stenciled tree. 
As for the tree, I have a few ideas in mind but can't decide which one I like best. Might end up doing something free-hand with certain details from each one.

This tree is a little crazy but I love how dramatic is against the dark wall.

Simple, elegant, just a thin trunk with delicate branches.

A very basic tree that would be easy to embellish with those fairies and butterflies mentioned above.
  

1 comment:

mama hagar said...

OMGosh, I love this BeauSaxon. Here's where your artsy talents will shine!

Let me babysit that spawn of the devil whenever you need FOCUS time, kay?

Mom