Sunday, January 25, 2009

Going to the park

(I finally figured out how to use the self-timer option!)

Last week, when we were blessed enough to have beautiful warm weather, I took the two little ones to the nearby park. Pulled Ryder on his little purple sled (Lena made sure I knew that was "actually hers when she was a baby" and she was "being kind letting Ryder use it") with Lena beside me. Every so often she'd run up ahead to see how close to the park we were, then she'd run back to my side to give me the update. "Almost there!"

The park was covered with about two feet of crunchy hard snow, which made walking through it a challenge but we were up for it. As soon as we got there, Ryder jumped up and headed for the slide (he is obsessed with going down slides). Who knew this child was such a maniac? He was going nuts, running around in the snow (or trying to, at least), falling down constantly but getting right back up with a huge grin on his face. We had a great time!


No comments: