Thursday, January 1, 2009

My middle name is Procrastination

Okay, help me out here people. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who puts off going to the grocery store until the cupboards and fridge are literally bare and you're reduced to scrounging through the freezer for something to make for supper.

I mean, I knew it was getting to be that time again, for the ole 2-hour food shopping trip, because I noticed the vegetable crispers in the fridge were empty except for a wrinkled head of lettuce, the kids ate the last of the cheese yesterday, and we only had 5 EGGS to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. There was half a loaf of bread for their morning toast (I had to use the crusts too, they were disgusted with me). There is nothing "good" for them to drink (oh, what, you're too good for tap water?).

I managed to find a pork roast in the freezer and thanks to the many boxes of instant mashed potatoes in the pantry (which I didn't have to use for Christmas dinner since I made REAL ones, I know, its a miracle), and of course, that old wrinkled head of lettuce for a realllly basic salad, we were able to have a semi-decent supper. The guys all raised their eyebrows at the instant mashed ("What, no REAL ones?" Come on, just because I made them for Christmas doesn't mean its going to be a regular occurrence! This IS me we're talking about here!).

So I guess this means I have to drag my sorry, lazy old butt over to No Frills tomorrow. *sigh*....

No comments: