Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, how I hate to wake up in the morrrrrrrning!

So you can probably tell from the headline that my morning has been... not that good. My alarm went off at 7, I hit the snooze button and layed there for a while, just drifting. You know, when you're awake but you let your mind drift into that dream-like state. Eventually, I rolled over and put on my glasses, dragged my sluggish legs over the side of the bed, and glanced at the clock. Holy crap! 7:38am! The boys are supposed to be at the bus-line at 8! ACK!

Ran downstairs, flipped on the boys' light and yelled, "WAKE UP! Mom slept in! You have 15 minutes to get ready!" Mass panic and hysteria ensued - the boys were SO not impressed with me. Ran back upstairs to start getting their lunches ready while the boys frantically dressed and brushed their teeth. As I was making sandwiches and they were shoveling down their breakfast, I looked at the clock, 7:50, and finally had to admit defeat. "Boys, how about I just drive you to school?" Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

So they made it to school exactly on time at 8:30, and I went to the Timmy's drive-thru for a large mocha and muffins for the two babies. (Lena hates it when I call her my baby but I told her all my kids will be my babies even when they are old and wrinkly.)

So I guess this morning wasn't a total write-off. At least I got some Timmy's out of it. Thanks for the gift card, Aunt Stevie!

No comments: