Thursday, January 8, 2009

Little Lena-girl "just can't wait!!"

The school sent home a flyer on Monday letting everyone know that gymnastics registration was coming up soon. I looked at it, thought "Hmmmmm" and put it up on the fridge for future consideration.

So its Wednesday night (last night), Mom was over doing her thing in the laundry room (her new project, thanks Mom! I'm so excited, but anyway...), and I happened to look at the flyer again. Noticed that the registration night was Jan. 7. Holy crap! It was that night! I tried about ten times to call the number on the flyer to get some info before I went down there, you know, what the cost was, how long it runs for, what days of the week its on. Wouldn't want to build Lena's hopes up then find out it interferes with hockey.

(Not saying that the boys' extracurricular activities are more important than Lena's, but there's only so much of me to go around, you know? Its hard enough as it is coordinating their two hockey schedules, add in gymnastics classes that may also take place on the same nights and I'd be running around like a chicken with my head cut off.)

No one answered when I called that number, and how frustrating is that? Why put your name and number on a flyer and then ignore people when they call? So I ended up going down to the community centre, me being me I left it to the last minute, showing up 15 minutes before registration ended. In a way it was good though; there was only four cars in the parking lot and I was able to get in, sign her up, and get out in like five minutes. No waiting in line with all the other parents. (Also, I had ZERO makeup on and my choice of hair style that day was "Major Bed-head with Mousse so-at-least-it-looks-somewhat-done". Usually, it never fails that the few times I go out without my 'womanly armor' on, I always run into someone I know and the whole time I'm talking to them I'm thinking, "Omg, I look like crap! They're going to think I look like this all the time [which I usually do but they don't need to know that].")

So classes are every Monday night, from 4-5 pm at the community center (if anyone wants to come watch) and they run for 10 classes.

You guys, little Lena was sooooo excited about being signed up for gymnastics! As soon as I came home from registration, she pulled me into her room and showed me all the "outfits" she was going to wear there. I had to explain that they want children to wear loose, comfortable clothes with no buttons or zippers, no jeans, and bare feet. Hmmm, she had to think about that for a moment. Then she decided on green cotton capris and a sleeveless sporty t-shirt. She was running around, doing somersaults for us, showing us how they would "probably teach her" to do stretches and jumps. She just couldn't contain herself.

She was a little heartbroken to find out she didn't start gymnastics "tomorrow" like she'd thought, she had to wait until Monday. "But mom, five sleeps is FOREVER!" The boys are even excited to watch her at her classes, its so cute. I'll make sure to videotape it and post it on the blog for you guys to see.

No comments: