Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The best makeup EVER

I mentioned in another post that I got some new makeup, but I just have to tell y'all how awesome it really is. I love CoverGirl's TruBlend line, so I picked up some mineral powder (just a light layer of the powder covers virtually any flaws and discolorations). I debated over the new TruBlend products they have out now, foundations with Olay. But in the end I went with the powder. Its great for summer, so light and fresh-feeling.
I also picked up CoverGirl's Outlast lipstain in "blood red" (as Lena says). The thing I find so cool and unique about it is that you can apply it, and because it really does 'stain' your lips, even if you lick off the actual product (like I have a tendency to do, especially if its flavored, which this stuff is), your lips are still that color. Let me put it this way -- I put some on two days ago, didn't wash my face yesterday (I know, ew right?) and this morning my lips were still red. No actual product on it anymore, all licked off, but still stained red. And yes, I did wash my face this morning. (The pic below is the exact color I bought.)
The next thing I bought was L'Oreal's "beauty tubes" mascara. I'd seen the commercial where it says its like getting lash extensions, so I was curious and a bit skeptical. I've found since wearing it a few times that its not quite what its like on the commercial, but, you guys, it is SO different (and better!) than regular mascara. First of all, it looks very natural, no clumps, and its very easy and simple to apply. Just do the white basecoat, then put on the mascara. It does give extra length to the lashes (just not the 1/2" it seems like from the commercial, haha). But here's the bestest part about it. If you're like me and you have a habit of forgetting to take off your makeup before bed, you know that when you wake up you have clumps, flakes and smears of mascara below your eyes. With this stuff, its nothing like that. I had put some on a couple of days ago, didn't wash my face that night, woke up in the morning with ZERO mascara below my eyes, didn't wash my face that entire day, went to bed that night (so, last night) and woke up this morning with my eyelashes looking exactly the same as when I'd just put it on two days before! I know, right?! All that time with no flakes or smears, it stayed put, and it still looked as natural and fresh as when I first applied it! Think about what that means. You can go on a holiday or camping or whatnot, and basically not have to remove it the entire time and it will still look the same! I am just in awe. Another great thing about it is when you do go to remove it, all you have to do is wet a cottonball, hold it to your lashes for like ten seconds, and it just comes right off. Looks like little black strings on the cottonball. No smears below the eyes. It just wipes right off. WOW!
And the very last product I want to rave about is the Rimmel black nail polish. The thing that makes this product different than other polishes is that is has Lycra in it. It just sets differently and has a different "finish" to it. Its like it hardens to a smooth hard layer on your nails. I don't usually apply a topcoat to protect the polish from chipping, so my nails usually look like hell after a couple of days. With this stuff, you don't even need a topcoat. Its been four days now since I put it on -- no chips, dents, scratches, nothing. Just smooth, shiny immaculate nails.
These products are so perfect for me and my lifestyle. I can put the stuff on, go a day or two without washing it off (not saying I do that all the time, but come on, it gets crazy around here sometimes that I just don't have the time or inclination to jump in the shower. Don't judge me!) and still look "made up". Lena really likes when I wear the lipstain. After I reassure her that no, my lips aren't bleeding, she just thinks my lips are "so beautiful". She's so good for the ego, lol.

No comments: