Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OMGomgomgomgomg*faint*

The American Idol: Rat Pack show was last night, I didn't know what the contestants would do but was SO excited to see and hear my Adam. I decided not to do a live-blog because I wanted to be able to just concentrate and totally enjoy his performance. He was scheduled last, which makes sense because everyone would just change the channel after he sang. Haha. I kept warning Hubs throughout the show that when Adam was on, I wanted total and complete silence, no snide comments or trying to start up a conversation with me. Just sit there, be quiet, and look pretty, I said. So it was at commercial break with Adam coming up next and what did that evil hubby of mine do? He stole the remote! And wouldn't give it back! Oh, real funny, hardy har har. He changed the channel to hockey and I just about killed him. Then he threatened that he was going to talk non-stop during Adam's performance. Its kind of embarrassing to admit this, but I got so upset that I actually started crying (I KNOW! I told you I was pathetic!). When Hubs saw those tears and realized they weren't fake, he totally caved and gave me back the remote, and promised he'd be quiet. Phew! He's incredibly lucky he did that, because homicide was a real consideration and I would have been that much closer to getting my Adam for a second husband. LOL

So the show started, Adam in his beautiful white suit, doing the strut down the stairs. I can't even begin to explain how crazy and hyper I was throughout the entire song. I'd describe how I was acting but its mortifying enough that I even have this obsession. Seriously, I feel like one of those girls you'd see in the audience when they'd show Beatles performance clips. Screaming, crying, hysterical, fainting. That is totally how I'd be acting if I wasn't so aware of the fact that I am almost 30 years old. With four kids. Who think I am crazy enough as it is. They roll their eyes at me every time I mention Adam's name. Which isn't too often, only about every 10 minutes on AI nights.

His high note at the end that he held for what seemed a full minute, and the absolute control he has of his voice to be able to do that, combined with the run and the low note afterwards (a 'run' is industry-speak for changing octaves up and down)... That man is INCREDIBLE! Of all the performances that night, he was the only one who really "got" what the Rat Pack was all about: the strut, the swagger, the confidence, the arrogance, the playfulness, the 'cool' factor. And I LOVE Simon's comment to Ryan about the stairs. Yes, they belong to Adam now.

There's so much more I want to say about his performance but my mind is all jumbled and chaotic with thoughts and words. That's what this man does to me. I feel sorry for all the teeny-boppers out there who share my obsession. They're already bombarded with impulses, crazy hormones and mood swings. Add Adam to the mix and its like mental, physical and emotional insanity.




No comments: